Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Godzilla ****

Who doesn't love a monster movie and Godzilla is the crème de la crème. I was hoping we would do justice to this monster god because lets face it our track record for rebooting films is less then stellar. But I have to say it was entertaining and Godzilla looked great sounded great the action was great but sadly there wasn't much of the main man in the movie. It started off solid and I enjoyed the beginning but once it got to the 15 years later mark it felt like there was a lot of pointless scenes that didn't have much point to the main story. I feel that they could have eliminated these scenes and gave us more monster on monster action.  The fight scenes were awesome and got you pumped but they were maybe the last 25 minutes of the 2 hour movie. I can say that the first time you heard Godzilla roar it sent chills down your spine but it was over all too quick.  I feel that yes Godzilla was in the movie but it was more about the guy saying he has to get back to his family. But at every turn choosing to not get back to his family and putting himself were ever the monster was all in the name of duty. It was a bit annoying he kept telling his wife to wait for him but then he choose not to get there on time. I do love that they made Godzilla like a hero in this movie but I can tell you humans would not cheer if Godzilla got up and walked to the water after defeating the other monsters  we would try to kill it just saying. But over all it was a  good movie I just wish it was more monster less human.

No comments:

Post a Comment